Online Privacy Notice
Revision Date: December 21, 2020
This Online Privacy Notice (the "Notice") describes how information is collected by and through websites, mobile applications, and other online interfaces or platforms that are owned, operated, or controlled by DataArc, LLC including this Site, and how that information may be used and shared. By accessing or using any Site, you confirm your consent and agreement to the terms of this Notice as may be in effect at that time.
For purposes of this Notice, the terms "DataArc", "we", "us", and "our" refer to DataArc, LLC which owns, operates, or controls the Site that you use, and such terms may also refer to contractors and service providers engaged by DataArc to support their business activities, as the context may require. The terms "you", "your" and "yours" refer to any person who accesses or uses a Site.
Information We Collect Through Our Sites
Personal information collected through our Sites includes information you provide directly when completing forms or transacting with us, such as your name, home address, email address, telephone number, etc. We also collect information that you do not provide directly, such as information about your device (including, but not limited to, behavioral biometrics relating to your use of your device for identity verification, fraud avoidance, and security purposes) or internet browser, information obtained from cookies that have been placed on your device or internet browser at our Sites or at other websites you have visited, demographic information, aggregated information, blind information about how you use our products and services and about the transactions you perform using our products and services, and other information obtained through your access to or use of a Site. We may supplement the information we collect from you with information we receive about you from other sources.
How We Collect, Use and Share Personal Information You Provide to Us Directly
We collect personal information when you use our Sites to apply for, obtain, or use our products and services, to make inquiries about our products and services, or to provide information and feedback about our products and services. In connection with your use of our Sites, products, and services, we may ask for, and you may provide, personal information in forms, surveys, applications, and online fields, or you may authorize us to collect personal information from third party sources. We may use personal information and share it with our service providers:
- To respond to your inquiries and requests, and to send you notifications.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your applications for our products and services and to deliver and perform such products and services, to execute inquiries and transactions you have requested, to communicate with you regarding products and services you have obtained from us, and to provide you with related customer service.
- To verify your identity or location for security purposes.
- As you agree, authorize, or consent in agreements, terms, and conditions you agree to or accept in connection with products and services you obtain from us.
- For our business purposes, including (but not limited to) such purposes as (i) data analysis, (ii) audits, (iii) fraud monitoring and prevention, (iv) new product development, (v) enhancing, improving or modifying our products and services, (vi) identifying usage trends, (vii) determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and (viii) operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate (i) under applicable law, (ii) to comply with legal process and otherwise to comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, (iii) to respond to lawful requests from public and government authorities, (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions, (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, (vi) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others, and (vii) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Updating Personal Information You Provide to Us Directly
Online applications you use at our Sites in connection with our products and services generally will enable you to review, update and correct certain personally information.
How We Collect, Use and Share Personal and Other Information You Do Not Provide to Us Directly
We may collect information you do not provide to us directly:
- Through or from your device or browser or cookies that have been placed on your browser. Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Sites function properly and to maintain security.
- Using pixel tags and similar technologies. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages in order to, among other functions, track the actions of users and email recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Site use and response rates.
- Using your IP address. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned by your internet service provider to the computer or device that you are using. An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits a Site, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Sites.
- Using geolocation and other location information transmitted by your device, if you have enabled location services on the device, and using behavioral biometrics relating to your use of your device for identity verification, fraud avoidance, and security purposes
We may use, disclose, and share information you do not provide to us directly as described in this Notice or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
DataArc uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect personal information collected through the Sites. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. In the event we share information with third party service providers or joint marketers, we restrict the ability of such parties to use or disclose the information we furnish. We also require such parties to apply appropriate security measures to protect information. We retain your information for as long as needed: (i) to conduct business with you; (ii) as needed for the purposes outlined in this Notice or at the time of collection; or (iii) as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce any agreements. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and we disclaim any representation or warranty that our information security systems or those of our service providers and joint marketers are invulnerable to breach or compromise.
Links to Other Websites
The information and disclosures contained in this Notice apply only to our Sites. If you link to a third-party website from our Sites, the third-party website will not be governed by this Notice. We recommend that you review the internet or online privacy notice for any third-party website you visit.
Information about Parties that Are Not Natural Persons
Notwithstanding any term or provision to the contrary in this Notice, any information collected by or through the use of any Site that describes, identifies, or relates to a party that is not a natural person may be used, disclosed, and shared by us for any lawful purpose, subject to the requirements and restrictions of applicable law.
Changes to this Notice
We may change our privacy practices and amend this Notice in our discretion. Any changes or amendments we make will be effective when we post them at the applicable Site, unless we expressly provide a different effective date. You agree that the posting of such changes or amendments at the applicable Site shall constitute effective notice thereof to you. You agree to review the Notice periodically to ensure that you are familiar with the current terms of this Notice. You acknowledge and agree that any changes we make are binding on you as of the effective date we dictate, but in any event your use of the applicable Site on or after the effective date constitutes your affirmative acceptance of such changes. The effective date set forth at the beginning of this Notice indicates when this Notice was last changed. If our changes or amendments to this Notice are material, we will notify you in accordance with applicable law.
Saturday, June 25, 2022 at 12:54 PM Central Time